Monday, September 3, 2007

Hand Embroidery

I participated in an international hand embroidery competition this summer. I had a great time sewing and am pleased with the work so far. I didn't make it past the first round so I relaxed a bit in late July and August and the pieces are not quite finished. Here's what I have so far:

The must-have accessory for fall...

a little velvet scorpion purse!



This piece was inspired by Albrecht Durer's Hare. It hopes to be made into a little purse someday.



Here's a (not-so-great) picture of the final piece stretched on a frame. Because of the type of stitches I used, I needed to stretch the linen very tight.



The blouse that it is meant to be is still in pieces. It is very close to completion and I hope to be able to finish it with the help of my sewing teacher before school gets too crazy. I'll be sure to post some more pictures then.

4 comments:

Kimberly Long Cockroft said...

How fun to see my blog linked on the site of such a gifted artist. You do beautiful work.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.