Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Craft Fair Detour



Thank you for all your nice comments about my monkey yardage! I am very busy right now-- I only have two more weeks left before the end of term. This past weekend I decided to put off all my school projects and create a product for a craft fair that our class was invited to participate in. As you can see, I made iron-on animal badges. The animals are silkscreened on cotton fabric with iron-on Heat-n-Bond on the back. Most of the animals I drew myself. The rabbit and the bug were taken from my 5,000 Animals book. It was a beautiful fair and I wish I had taken more pictures, but my camera ran out of batteries. I am happy to say that I sold quite well at my first craft fair!

4 comments:

maryka said...

I love animal patches!

Kimberly Long Cockroft said...

you should seriously start marketing your kid's stuff. i would be a regular customer! your prints, sock monkeys, fairies, badges--sell them to me!!!!
kim

Anonymous said...

Jess,
I love your bugs! If there are any bugs left in your world, I'd be happy to sport a bug (your choice) on my back pack when I strike out for France to visit Magda and Joel in March.
Aunt Cheryl

benjamin said...

ok so i have this sweatshirt, only it's not normal sweatshirt material. but it has a little patch on the left breast like a lacoste alligator or something similar. but it's a shoe, and i don't particularly like it. i was wondering if you have made anything like this before, and if you haven't, if you'd be willing to try to make a tiny little something that i could sew onto my sweatshirt? perhaps an animal of some sort, or just something craftily unique that i can always remember you by. i would certainly be willing to pay you well for it. the patch on there now is only 1 1/4 in. x 1/2 in.

either way, i love your animal patches!