Monday, October 22, 2007

Rain City


It has absolutely poured for days here in Vancouver, but it is warm and sunny in the cockles of my heart thanks to the Red Sox victory yesterday evening. Andrew and I will now be spending even more money on beer and greasy food as we cruse the neighborhood pubs in search of places to watch what is sure to be a very exciting series. Being a Red Sox fan in Vancouver is a lonely pursuit. There were three of us in the pub last night: Andrew and me and our friend Steve Moss. We want all you Bostonians out there to know that we will stay strong!





Here are some pictures taken on a recent trip to Granville Island (it is not really an island, for those of you who haven't visited us yet, it is mostly surrounded by water in a tiny, peninsula-like fashion). Granville Island is a haven for artists and crafts-people and one of my very favorite places in the city. That cozy little shop on the right in the picture above is The Silk Weaving Studio. It is full of silk yarns and looms and I love it. In addition to silk, the other purchases of the day were sausages stationary and apples!



2 comments:

Eden said...

I am glad to know that you are STAYING STRONG out there in the boondocks of RedSoxLand.

I finished knitting my first sweater today! It's for either Clara or Jasper.

Eden said...

well, i would post photos except that clara and jasper's moms might see them. actually, would see them. and we all know that baby/child sweater presents are really more for the parents than the kids. i'll email to you once i actually do the finishing work.