Thursday, June 19, 2008

Small Felty Bits



After I completed all of my school work, I felt an urge to felt. Having not much space, I felted up these small pieces which I then embroidered over (the perfect little portable projects- I actually did much of the sewing on the bus). The first became a thank-you gift, the second became jewelry to wear on the opening night of my grad show. I used merino wool (which is absolutely dreamy for felting) and silk thread. As you can see, I have a thing for French knots.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Unusual, but clever and nice!

cosymakes said...

so beautiful!! love the asymmetry.

Jaimee McClellan said...

Wow, that first piece is so lovely! I'd love a shadow box full of them.

Eden said...

Oh my, those are enchanting.

Vika corazón de aceitunita said...

I have been watching your blog for a while; I think that all your works are fantastic! for me the best is the crocodile, I love this pieces!

Best wishes from Denmark.

Jaimee McClellan said...

It's been quite a while but I still stop in to see if you've posted any new work. Hope you're well. Thanks for the inspiration!